In this exclusive roundtable on “Governing the Data Revolution,” a selection of TReNDS Expert Members debate many of the themes featured in the recent flagship report, Counting on the World to Act. These include traditional data methods vs. new data methods, policy and regulatory needs for data governance, the importance of placing the Chief Statistician at the center of the data ecosystem, and opportunities and challenges for governing the data revolution for sustainable development.
The roundtable was moderated by TReNDS Co-chair and Managing Director of Open Data Watch, Shaida Badiee and included the following TReNDS Expert Members:
- Lisa Bersales, Former National Statistician of the Philippines and Professor of Statistics, University of the Philippines
- Samantha Custer, Director of Policy Analysis at AidData
- Alex Fischer, Researcher, University of Oxford
- Tom Moultrie, Professor of Demography, University of Cape Town
- Tom Orrell, Senior Consultant at TReNDS and Managing Director of DataReady