|1110 Vermont Avenue
Washington, DC 20005 USA
OPEN DATA WATCH IS SEEKING
Program Manager / Senior Program Manager *
Open Data Watch (ODW) is a nonprofit organization promoting open and high-quality development data. ODW works with national statistical offices, international agencies, and non-governmental organizations to increase the availability and impact of development data. ODW monitors and reports on the degree to which countries and agencies have succeeded in implementing open data policies and disseminating their data. Its Open Data Inventory (ODIN) is a widely used measure of the openness of official statistics.
ODW also conducts research and provides guidance to strengthen countries or agencies’ data management and dissemination practices and supports or coordinates partnerships leading to improvements in statistical capacity and support for statistics. ODW has a rich and growing work program on improving the quality and use of gender data as well as civil registration and vital statistics (CRVS).
ODW is hiring a Program Manager to work closely with management, team members, partners, and clients on the activities described below. The Program Manager will be responsible for overseeing the achievement of strategic organizational goals, coordinating efforts between different projects, and helping to lead the overall program with strong attention to strategy, implementation, and delegation.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Organize programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization
- Coordinate and connect the activities of a team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities, including chairing weekly team meetings
- Maintain schedule of deliverables and alert management and team members to ensure on-time delivery
- Support the development of new programs to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Create and manage long-term goals and develop an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement
- Support the Managing Director with ODW representation at international events and meetings
- Assist in policy review and report writing, as needed
- In collaboration with the Communications Advisor, seek out opportunities to promote and showcase ODW’s work via social media, events and blog posts
- Write program funding proposals to guarantee uninterrupted delivery of services
- Support operation of the ODW Board of Directors
- Manage contracting and work of consultants as needed
- Maintain an invoice calendar with the manager in charge of finance and administration
- Carry out other duties related to ODW activities as requested by ODW management
Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree in economics, statistics, international development, or public policy or equivalent
- Five to eight years work experience managing multiple work streams in the not-for-profit sector, preferably in a globally focused organization with an interest and expertise in development data
- Experience working with international organizations such as the UN, World Bank, or national agencies on statistical development projects
- Demonstrated experience developing proposals, securing investments, and maintaining relationships with donors
- A track record of developing and maintaining strong working relations with diverse groups of stakeholders
- A background in the data for development/data for social good sector and a strong interest in gender issues are an advantage
- Demonstrated experience organizing and executing in-person and virtual events
- Demonstrated experience managing research projects from inception to publication
- Familiarity with statistics/data collection, analysis, and methodology
- Excellent people skills, able to resolve issues independently, with tact and diplomacy
- Excellent writing skills, with ability to translate technical findings to broad and varied audiences for policy influence
- Strong skills working in teams and across many types of organizations – collaborator; problem solver; relationship-builder; with a knack for convening stakeholders across varied sectors
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrated excellence working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong social media and communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with partners
- Well organized with the ability to plan and carry out multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work and deliver under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Location: ODW is based in Washington, D.C but the team is currently remote. We are seeking a candidate who will eventually return to the office in D.C. The candidates must have prior authorization to work in the United States, as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
- Contract Length: This is a full time, two-year appointment, which is renewable for longer periods, based on performance and available funding.
- Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience and includes a generous benefits package.
- Reports to: Managing Director and Director of Research
- To Apply: Send CV and cover letter to email@example.com with subject “Program Manager”. We will contact only candidates whose profiles meet our requirements.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Anchor: _ftn1
|The job title will be adjusted depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.|